Sunday, October 26, 2008

Ecoped Hybrid 45e


Well I bought this electric scooter about a month ago and it is great to ride around town.  To be classed as a hybrid you have to have the pedals installed.  I can't stand the pedals so they are stored under the seat.

Wal-Mart Canada sells them for $999.99, but not every store carries them.

No license or insureance is required since this can only go 35 km/h.  You can drive it anywhere a bicycle is allowed, which means no highway driving where bikes are not allowed.  You are not supposed to drive it in the rain because of electrical wiring could be damaged.

You can lock the steering and also the back wheel.  There is storage under the seat and also a carrier on the back.  There are 2 mirrors (I can't get mine to stay tight), horn, blinkers and front and rear brakes.

Top speed is around 35 km/h and can ride about 60 km per charge depending on the terrain.  This is a great little commuter bike to get you around town and for myself to and from work.


2 comments:

Senta said...

Hi any info on warranty? How long is the battery pack supposed to last?

Ross Craig said...

I believe the warranty is 90 days. I have been using the Ecoped Hybrid 45e for a year now and the battery is still going strong and I charge it every day when I get back from work.