Thursday, November 15, 2012

Bowers & Wilkins Zeppelin Mini

Well here we are with another review and it is an another high quality product from Bowers &Wilkins.  This time it is the Zeppelin sound dock system designed for Apple products and it comes with multiple stands for various iPods and iPhones. We are using it with the iPhone 4 without any issues.  There is also a USB port in the back so you can connect any USB device to hear your music.  Once you have your iPhone or iPod connected using the dock it will charge it and also sync over wifi if available.

This sound dock does not have Air Play, as they have another unit with that option, which cost $300 more then this one.

The sound quality is fantastic with deep bass sounds, and fills the room.  Fills the room with sound, but it doesn't take up the room that a home stereo and speakers would.  We have ours on a shelf, and we control the music using the small remote control that is included.

Since I am the gadget guy, I have mine connected to my wifi using an Apple Airport Express which lets me use the airplay feature on my iPhone and I can control all my music that is either on my iPhone or on my iMac.  I noticed that I have never reviewed that so I will have to do that in the future.

We have had a few of the iPhone docks for playing music but never really paid too much for them, therefore never really used them very much.  Since purchasing this we have started listening to music more often and when my selection of music isn't what my wife wants to hear she puts on her Bowers & Wilkinson P5 headphones (previously reviewed).

The price of this unit isn't too bad for the quality and sound that you get from it.  We purchased it for $299.99 Canadian.  Head out to your local electronic store and sample the sounds.




No comments: